Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Gift of Gabbling

It is wonderful to be able to talk ,
To voice your joys , wails , dreams ;
Day to day mundane chatter ;
To answer if you are thinner or fatter.

Those who love pen and paper ,
Have found worthy company ;
One writes the ravings ;
The other feeds the cravings.

'Once upon a time....' , I can tell you a story ;
Letters I can write , which would have no replies.
One cannot please my literary longing ;
The other bestows praise instead of a hopeful reply.

I know the 'I' is supreme.
It is 'I' who can change my state of being : happy or sad.
I love you , for 'me' ;
I love 'i' - it sounds strange , ugly.
I believe , hopelessly , in 'you' and 'i' yet ;
You cannot have me ; 'I' cannot leave you.

I have been profoundly prolix ,
In showing my loquacious laurels ;
A verbose vagary , so volubly uttered -
With such giddy glibness ,
That you think me surely ,
A garrulous gnome ?




GARRULOUS : talking a lot - about nothing , annoying chatter
LOQUACIOUS : talkative
PROLIX : wordy in speaking or writing
VOLUBLE : characterized by rapid speech
GLIB : speaking or writing with ease, perhaps superficially
VERBOSE : wordy, implying dullness

Note:
I wanted to string all these words together , so thus the above was strung.
If anyone can employ these words to a better , humourous effect , let me know : I shall be pleased to read.

2 comments:

vineeth said...

Well, you do have a penchant for shocking your readers with little gems dredged from the depths of the english vocabulary!!
Well, does it amount to voluble verbose vagaries?
Nay your honour.
Its a mighty pleasure,(albeit a slightly humbling experience)..lol

ThalassicReverie said...

Very pleased to hear from you.
It shall do wonders to my ego :D
Many thanks!