A 5 years old cousin , got into a scrape , whereupon he received a beating from his mother.
After a while , he came to his mother , busy in work and chided her :
" You did not even tell me 'Sorry!' ! "
During the toddler age of the aforementioned cousin , his favorite phrase on being annoyed was :
" You are not good! "
He went further for higher levels of irritation ; thus remarking to his aunt once :
" You are not good , and your Been ( her husband Mubeen , whose name he preferred cut short ) is also not good! "
On marriage :
(1) "The biggest blunder I made in my life."
- A Physics teacher , whose memory reminds me of 'bubbling with talk , laughter , life'.
(2) "Dear , it is the start of all troubles."
- A History teacher , who would say my 'dear children' to a class of bored 15 year olds.
" I love to come to school in the morning and smile at everyone ....."
- A Chemistry teacher. Her smiles inspired those zestful 'Good Morning(s) , ma'am' !'
During a meal , I was reminding my 5 year old twin cousins about saying their prayer prior to eating (i.e 'In the name Allah , and by the blessings of Allah'). My mother futher commented that if they forgot their prayers , the food would go to the Devil.
The younger of the two girls , paused thoughtfully and asked me with eyes wide with somber curiosity :
" Who is the 'Devil' ? "
One of the twins on being forced to eat her lunch by Nani (maternal grandmother) :
" My mother will come and beat you! You are making me eat so much! "